Saturday, January 15, 2011

I have been on wellbutrin (bupropion) for my depression for a few days and yet have not seen an improvement in my mood. Do I need to change my medication?

Just be patient. Almost all anti-depressants take at least 2-4 weeks to work. You will start to see an improvement in your mood gradually. Wellbutrin is supposed to be taken 3 times a day with each dose separated by at least 6  hours. To avoid sleeping difficulties, do not take the medication close to bed time. Wellbutrin must be taken at the same time every day for several weeks or months to work. Do not change the dose of Wellbutrin without first consulting with your physician.  If after 6 weeks you see no improvement in your mood, then you may need a change in your medication. However, do speak to your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment